Sunday, March 22, 2009

Addison's Arrival

So I started having contractions on Wednesday, Mar 11 and they lasted all day - never consistent enough to go to labor and delivery. Those lasted all through the night - I may have slept 10 minutes total. The next morning I had a doctor's appt at 10am and I was 3cm dilated. Dr Sarkodie sent me over to labor and delivery - I was SO excited I cried!

Here is Zach and I after the epidural - I have SO much respect for women who do it without one - I can't imagine! I look a little out of it b/c my blood pressure kept dropping so low - but I was feelin' good! I was 10cm by 5:30 and we started pushing with each contraction. By 6:19am Addison Reese entered the world!

Little miss just a few minutes after she was born.

I love this picture - proud papa! He has been SO good with her!
The beautiful wreath that Whitney made for our door at the hospital - it got lots of attention - everyone said she's going to be a little diva!

Once she was cleaned up they put this adorable little hat on her that someone from the hospital made




Her proud "Mimi" holding her


Her nana (great-grandmother)

Great Uncle Mike

This poor child will have such a decision to make - Georgia or Tennessee?? Dad's trying to get his vote in early with the GA beanie!

Proud Aunt Whitney - she has been staying with us for the last week and pulling the "night shift"-and it's her Spring Break! What a trooper!

4 comments:

Zach, Kate, Odin and Grey Osborn said...

I love all the pictures -- aren't pictures of Daddy's and their babies just the best!! I'm kinda mad that you looked so good in the hospital -- I looked like death!! Keep up the good work. Love ya.

Bethany S. Yandell said...

ok I cannot believe how amazing you looked after delivery a baby!! And she is just so adorable. Please please let Chris and I babysit when she gets older! He's a nurse so she'll be in perfect hands! :) We miss you!

Sara said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL! We can't wait to meet her, & we are praying for all of y'all. I can't believe how AMAZING you look after giving birth!

Joanna said...

Kristen,
She is beautiful! I look forward to watching her grow up as you post on your blog. YOU look amazing!!!!!