Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Trusting in Him

Just wanted to update you guys with the last few weeks. We have been up and down and all around emotionally. I found out about a week and a half that I was pregnant with our first little one and went for bloodwork, etc. Everything looked OK at that point and they thought I was about 8 weeks, so we figured it was OK to start spreading the good news. Then, unfortunately I started spotting yesterday and went in for an exam today. They did an ultrasound and the heart beat was very weak and due the bleeding give us less than a 40% chance of not miscarrying over the next couple weeks. We are just finding comfort in God's promises that He promises to bless us. We will update you guys as we find out, but right now we just appreciate your prayers. We got pregnant very fast, so we will just try again as soon as we can. Love you all! My friend sent me the words to this song today and it has really comforted me.
"I still believe in your faithfulness
And I still believe in your truth.
I still believe in your Holy Word.
Even if I cannot see, I still believe."

5 comments:

blah said...

The prayers of my family are with you. Peace to you both.

Scott Ack said...

Hey you two,
just wanted to let you know our prayers are with you and we miss ya.

olga said...

Zach & Kristin,
I love you both, We're praying for you often and I'm here if you need me. Love, Olga

I Refuse to Be Discouraged

I Refuse to Be Discouraged, to Be Sad, or to Cry;
I Refuse to Be Downhearted, and Here's the Reason Why...

I Have a God Who's Mighty, Who's Sovereign and Supreme;
I Have a God Who Loves Me, and I Am on His Team.

He Is All Wise and Powerful, Jesus Is His Name;
Though Everything Is Changeable, My God Remains the Same.

My God Knows All That's Happening; Beginning to the End,
His Presence Is My Comfort, He Is My Dearest Friend.

When Sickness Comes to Weaken Me, to Bring My Head down Low,
I Call upon My Mighty God; into His Arms I Go.

When Circumstances Threaten to Rob Me from My Peace;
He Draws Me Close unto His Breast, Where All My Worries Cease.

The Great "I Am" Is with Me, My Life Is in His Hand,
The "Son of God" Is My Hope, It's in His Strength I Stand.

I Refuse to Be Defeated, My Eyes Are on My God;
He Has Promised to Be with Me, as Through this Life I Trod.

I'm Looking past All My Circumstances, to Heaven's Throne Above;
My Prayers Have Reached the Heart of God, I'm Resting in His Love.

I Give God Thanks in Everything, My Eyes Are on His Face;
The Battle's His, the Victory Mine; He'll Help Me Win the Race.

..Author Unknown

The Rogers Family said...

Hi Kristen,

It's Leigh Anne. I stumbled across your page here shortly after the reunion. I have enjoyed keeping up with you through pictures and postings...I just signed up a few minutes ago so I could respond to you, so I am not sure how to use this yet. I am so sorry you all are going through this. Please know I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I have never been through what you are experiencing, but I have basically been told I will never be able to conceive; thus we are currently waiting to adopt. If I can be of any help, even if it is just someone to email, please don't hesitate to contact me. My heart truly goes out to you both. Find comfort and peace in your faith and your love for one another and God will see you through. Please keep in touch and know we are praying for you both.

May God continue to bless and keep you both. Leigh Anne

Yo Mama said...

Kristen,
hey, I just found your blog through a few others. I'm sorry to hear about your news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Katie Cruze Shafer